Sunday, March 29, 2009

The nightly routine...

The nightly routine...it's getting old, but we still love it. And since we don't have a bath tub at our new apartment I have been using this little tub for them to bathe in, but since these pictures were taken they have grown out of this tub so I had to break down and actually buy a baby bath tub which seems to work much better but allows them to stretch out and kick their legs which in turn allows them to splash wildly and soak me! So, the routine goes like this....around 7:00 I start to gather the things that the boys need for their bath. A beach towel for the tub to sit on because they splash everywhere and get the carpet wet, baby wash, baby lotion, 2 towels, 2 wash cloths, 2 diapers, baby powder, 2 pairs or pj's and clean blankies for bed time. So, I wash each baby separately which takes about 10-15 minutes each, then lotion them, put on a clean diaper and then they have "naked time" as we call it, for about 15 minutes. They just love to be naked (in a diaper of course)! Then we get them dressed, make 2 warm bottles, swaddle them in blankies, rock them to sleep (some nights, not every night), and lay them in bed, usually around 8:30. If we don't do this same routine every night, they wake up around 11:00 pm and want to play for 2 hours. It's horrible! Then I wash the 10 bottles from the day, let them dry while I get ready for bed and then put the powder in each one so in the middle of the night I don't have to think too hard to make the bottles, just add water. Then Tyler and I usually hang out for an hour and then go to bed around 10:30 or 11, then wake up around 2:30 or 3 for a feeding because NO they do not sleep through the night yet!! Not sure when that going to happen, but we are working on it.




Sorry about the weiner shot! ha ha





No comments: